[Gluster-devel] recommendation for no. of io-threads?

Sascha Ottolski ottolski at web.de
Fri Jan 18 07:37:06 UTC 2008

Am Freitag 18 Januar 2008 03:17:08 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>  you can have a rough estimate. If you are loading it on the server
> side (over storage/posix) usually 2 or 4 is a good number. If it is
> over protocol/client, 1 is sufficient (per network controller).

thanks a lot. so, it's not "the more, the better"? we have currently
configured 8 threads on the servers.

when it comes to the clients, i think i read in some posting there is no
need/use for io-threads, isn't 1 what would be the default anyway?

thanks a lot for all your assistance,

sascha