[Gluster-devel] Helping AFR ( Checksumming or Logging )

Gareth Bult gareth at encryptec.net
Thu Jan 17 12:46:06 UTC 2008

Ok,

Clients would write to logs .. servers would replay logs .. as a server controls it's own unique data-store, there is no conflict of interest / sync problem.

>Imagine a case where there is 2 clients changing the same AFR file.

Both would write to the same shared log file which would be stored ON th AFR.

When a server comes back up, it would replay the logs BEFORE becoming available to clients and would only become available once in-sync ...

Gareth.