[Gluster-devel] Re: AFR Translator have problem

Angel clist at uah.es
Wed Jan 16 20:36:52 UTC 2008

I see, glusterfs developers have this point in mind on the roadmap:

for the 1.4 release roadmap says:

active self-heal - log and replay failed I/O transactions
brick hot-add/remove/swap - live storage hardware maintenance

so till that day, we the users have to figure out how to force lazy afrs into doing their job :-)

One issue positive is that this way you can control how much resources are devoted to afr, the more you touch files the more replication occurs and
in the event of high net or cpu pressure, lowering touching speed should lower afr requirements.

Your mileage may vary. :-P

Perhaps GlusterFS client (maybe servers) should talk to a housekeeping daemon to acomplish this tasks instead of over-engineering the code to do as much things as required..

Let's wait what developers have to say about this issue...

Regards Angel