[Gluster-devel] Fedora and EPEL glusterfs packages

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Wed Jan 16 09:11:57 UTC 2008

Matthias,
Good work! Please check comments inline

I've made some further changes to my glusterfs rpm packages. The very
> latest file are here :
> http://thias.fedorapeople.org/review/glusterfs/

I see both 1.3.7 and the pre 1.3.8. What does it mean with packages sitting
in the above URL? are the being tested for eligibility to be included into
the next fedora distribution? or are these just fedora-compatible external
packages? How much of work is it, to use 1.3.8 instead of these two, when it
is out?

And some (nearly) lastest RHEL5 packages here (with all deps) :
> http://ftp.es6.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/redhat/testing/EL5/cluster/

I see that you have the glfs8 fuse and dkms-fuse RPMs as well. I'd
appreciate if you can share the spec so that it gets shipped with the
glfs-fuse from the oncoming releases.

Some features :
> - Separation in libs, devel, client and server packages.
> - Build option "--without client" (default on RHEL/EPEL)
> - Build option "--with client" (to force client build on RHEL)
> - Quick patch to pass mode with O_CREAT (should be upstream, Avati?)

Can you please explain what patch you are mentioning here?

- Quick hack to avoid multiple identical mounts from fstab.

Is this in mount.glusterfs script? I am interested in getting this into the
source repository.

- Clean rewritten initscript.

Is there a reason to replace the ones in the repository with this one?

- Default sysconfig file to change glusterfsd options.

does this have to make it to the src tarball? I guess not.

thanks for the work so far!
avati

--
If I traveled to the end of the rainbow