[Gluster-devel] would an io-disk-cache be feasible?

Sascha Ottolski ottolski at web.de
Wed Jan 9 14:46:47 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm wondering how complicated it woul be to create a translator that
would cache data on the local disk. Especially in our use case I think
this would reduce the gluster and network load immense. But I might be
wrong.

What is special in our setup is, that the files we put on the cluster do
never change; some get deleted somtimes, though, but seldom. Most of
them stay forever, writes are low, reads are high. I still have no good
idea about how often a "cache hit" might occur, but surely some of the
files will have them. The files itself are rather small (images of some
kb or small text files of only a few 10 bytes).

Thanks, Sascha