[Gluster-devel] how about 1.3.8 and fuse-2.7.2-glfs7 ?

Gareth Bult gareth at encryptec.net
Thu Jan 3 12:21:55 UTC 2008

Sorry,

Just to clarify, the problem I'm having with intensive IO down to gluster (not FUSE).

a. AFR/heal doesn't honor "sparse" file status (which is a pain for XEN images)
b. when striping an AFR, heal replicates every stripe regardless AND ignores spare file status
   (which means you can't really handle large DB files)

Example;

AFR/Stripe, 10 stripes 100M each.
Add a file, 500M in size.
Break the back-end by stopping a glusterfsd.
Add 1 byte to the file.
Restart the stopped glusterfsd.
See what happens .. I call it the glustered treacle effect .. ;-)

I don't see better block sizes making much difference here ...  :(