[Gluster-devel] Patch for "Striped" read from AFR volumes

Csibra Gergo gergo at csibra.hu
Tue Jan 1 20:55:05 UTC 2008

Monday, December 31, 2007, 6:49:10 PM, Gareth Bult wrote:

> Hi,

> This looks good , can I just check a couple of things ..

> When you write "RAID0", do you mean "RAID1" ?

No. I mean RAID0 :)
RAID1 is simple mirroring, RAID0 is striping, and this patch does
striped read, so reads every data block from different childrens
(different AFR copies).

> Is the patch in TLA, or is it a manual apply only ?

This patch is for 1.3.7, for TLA you must copy manually.

> (if not, is the patch likely to run against the TLA/1.3.8 code?)

Don't know. I'll test it...

No. TLA/1.3.8 needs other patch, it uses afrfdp->rchild to determine
which child to read, we need other patch.

--
Best regards,
 Csibra Gergo                            mailto:gergo at csibra.hu