[Gluster-devel] latest TLA has demon showing up as [glusterfs]

Sascha Ottolski ottolski at web.de
Fri Feb 29 14:18:26 UTC 2008

Am Freitag 29 Februar 2008 12:33:36 schrieb Anand Avati:
> depends on whether you passed a mountpoint in the command line
> argument. do you mean that the glusterfs client is still running
> after you unmounted? or did you mean that before unmounting there
> were two [glusterfs] and after unmounting there is just one (which
> would be the server) ?

if I my add my 2 cents: as I reported in an earlier posting, it is
possible to mount the same mount-point several times, which results in
serveral glusterfs processes running. in such a case, you need to kill
all of them or umount several times.

of course, it would be best to prevent a second mount of a already
mounted gluster share (someone posted a recipe on how one could to
this; may this should be patched into the sources?).

Cheers, Sascha