[Gluster-devel] Ofed 1.2.5.5 and GlusterFS

Dev dev_hyd2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 19:32:33 UTC 2008

Hi,

 I have a test cluster where I'm trying out GlusterFS ( Just on two nodes, one server and one client using the 10 min howto). I'm using Infiniband( ConnectX') and OFED 1.2.5.5. I wasn't able to get GlusterFS working with uverbs from 1.2.5.5. glusterfsd segfaults and doesnt start. Is GlusterFS compatible with uverbs in 1.2.5.5?   I also switched from ib_verbs to SDP and the performance was really bad. Well, I just tested with a simple dd command trying to create a 10GB file but the throughput from dd turned out to be like 7 MB/s ! I'm sure I'm doing something wrong somewhere. Does anyone have any comments on this?

Ideas are appreciated!

cheers

/Dev