[Gluster-devel] gluster diskless boot problem

Mickey Mazarick mic at digitaltadpole.com
Mon Feb 11 11:57:39 UTC 2008

I'm hitting an odd problem setting up a diskless system with the root
directory on a unified/afr-ed glusterfs mount.
Everything looks correct but when I mount the filesystem I get the error:
[fuse-bridge.c:431fuse_entry_cbk] glusterfs-fuse:11

The mount directory also disappears, but the mount point shows up in the
mount command.

I would give screen grabs but this is the initrd and I haven't installed
an sshd in it yet.
I'm using the latest kernel (2.6.24.1) and I haven't applied any patches
yet but this shouldn't prevent mounting (it's fine on a disked system)

I'm trying to mount it via infiniband and have a whopping 8 meg initrd
file to show for it. I'll try and detail all the ins and outs of the
setup once it's working.

Thanks!
-Mickey Mazarick