[Gluster-devel] Forcing glusterfs to connect to the next IP address in its DNS cache

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Feb 8 19:02:09 UTC 2008

Hi,

The subject summarises what I'm trying to do. I'd like to have more
control over which remote IP address a glusterfs client is connected
to. Initially it would connect randomly to one of the multiple
addresses a DNS record would resolve to (so far, simple), but I'd then
like to be able to easily "force" it to skip to the next, as if the
current one went down.

Is this already implemented? (I didn't find it in the wiki) Would it be
hard to implement? (and be triggered when a specific SIG is received?)

With such a feature, it would be easy to have more control over how
load is spread across multiple identical remote servers (which is the
setup I'm using).

Matthias

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux kernel 2.6.23.14-107.fc8
Load : 1.66 0.98 0.41