[Gluster-devel] 1.4.0 and HA Translator

Melvin Wong melvin.wong at muvee.com
Tue Dec 23 15:42:49 UTC 2008

Hi,
I will like to know is there a need to upgrade my current setup from glusterfs-1.3.11 to 1.4.0rc6. What major bug fixes are there in 1.4 since 1.3.11? Also, currently my setup consist of 2 glusterfs servers mirroring each other with AFR. One of the server is set as master where all the clients are connected to it. We maintain HA by using Heartbeat on the 2 servers. Once the master server fails, heartbeat will failover to the slave server. However, occasionally the clients might encounter problems connecting during the failover or the 2 servers no longer  able to replicate well. Could HA translator in 1.4 be of help to replace the Heartbeat? Will it be more stable than Heartbeat during a failover?

melvin