[Gluster-devel] Problems with ioc again

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Mon Dec 22 20:08:09 UTC 2008

Dan Parsons wrote:
> OK, I did a little bit of testing with this new setting and have not
> been able to reproduce the problem. However, this has happened in the
> past, as in, I had this problem, made a setting change, problem seemed
> fix, and then it came back. So it might not totally be fixed, but time
> will tell.

This is a temporary fix to force the system to invalidate all cached
data in its disk buffer cache.  Which should set the cache to "empty".
The problem will likely come back, as this "setting" operates at the
moment it is used.

I might suggest you put a cron-job together that invalidates cache every
so often (once a day?) until you can try/migrate to the new code.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com