[Gluster-devel] non-blocking connect() returned: 111 (Connection refused)

Jordi Moles Blanco jordi at cdmon.com
Thu Dec 18 08:17:14 UTC 2008

En/na Raghavendra G ha escrit:
> Hi Jordi,
>
> Have you started glusterfsd on each of the newly added nodes? If not,
> please start them.
>
> some comments have been inlined.
>
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Jordi Moles Blanco <jordi at cdmon.com
> <mailto:jordi at cdmon.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     i've got 6 nodes providing a storage unit with gluster 2.5 patch
>     800. They are set in 2 groups of 3 nodes each.
>
>     On top of that, i've got a Xen 3.2 machine storing its virtual
>     machines in gluster mount point.
>
>     The thing is that i used to have only 2 nodes for group, that's 4
>     nodes in total, and today I'm trying to add 1 extra node for each
>     group.
>
>     This is the final setting on Xen's Side:
>

>     **************
>
>     volume espai1
>           type protocol/client
>           option transport-type tcp/client
>           option remote-host 10.0.0.3
>           option remote-subvolume espai
>     end-volume
>
>     volume espai2
>           type protocol/client
>           option transport-type tcp/client
>           option remote-host 10.0.0.4
>           option remote-subvolume espai
>     end-volume
>
>     volume espai3
>           type protocol/client
>           option transport-type tcp/client
>           option remote-host 10.0.0.5
>           option remote-subvolume espai
>     end-volume
>
>     volume espai4
>       type protocol/client
>       option transport-type tcp/client
>       option remote-host 10.0.0.6
>       option remote-subvolume espai
>     end-volume
>
>     volume espai5
>       type protocol/client
>       option transport-type tcp/client
>       option remote-host 10.0.0.7
>       option remote-subvolume espai
>     end-volume
>
>     volume espai6
>       type protocol/client
>       option transport-type tcp/client
>       option remote-host 10.0.0.8
>       option remote-subvolume espai
>     end-volume
>
>     volume namespace1
>           type protocol/client
>           option transport-type tcp/client
>           option remote-host 10.0.0.4
>           option remote-subvolume nm
>     end-volume
>
>     volume namespace2
>           type protocol/client
>           option transport-type tcp/client
>           option remote-host 10.0.0.5
>           option remote-subvolume nm
>     end-volume
>
>     volume grup1
>           type cluster/afr
>           subvolumes espai1 espai3 espai5
>     end-volume
>
>     volume grup2
>           type cluster/afr
>           subvolumes espai2 espai4 espai6
>     end-volume
>
>     volume nm
>           type cluster/afr
> [...]

hi, yes.

when gluster behaves like this, all nodes are running. As i said, when
you create new data, it replicates to all the nodes of each group, so
it's working fine.
However, it keeps logging "connection refused", which i though was
reported only when a node wasn't available, but they are all available
and replicating data fine.

The thing, though, is that old data is not beeing replicated into the
new nodes?

Is there any way to "force" replication to the new nodes? Could i be
getting somehow the "connection refused" because new nodes won't accept
previous data?

Thanks for your help.