[Gluster-devel] latest TLA, 1.4 branch

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Thu Aug 14 08:43:45 UTC 2008

With ACL-mounted shares, cp -a gives an I/O error when setting permissions
on setuid and setgrpid files, although the copy seems to work properly,
anyway (apart from the known issue with ACL-enabled filesystems); the
setuid/setgrpid bits, ownerships, and permissions are set correctly.
Looking further, I see that GlusterFS now appears to mount as nosuid by
default, so this may be correct behavior, although it seems a bit odd for
nosuid (I/O error? setting the bits, anyway?).

When the underlying filesystems are mounted noacl, however, an I/O error
on setting permissions seems to occur for all files.

On the bright side, it appears that the previously-reported filesystem
hang is gone.

Thanks,

Brent