[Gluster-devel] Unify/AFR crashes

NovA av.nova at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 11:24:10 UTC 2008

2008/8/11 Dmitriy Kotkin <kotdv at intergam.com>:
> Nova these crashes lead to I/O errors and NS will crash every time
> you're trying to access these files. Restarting isn't helping... or maybe
> that's just me with so many files so it goes so bad.
> Even so... I tried to make a new directory and put "problem files" into it
> but I got the same thing and it's very strange "open on child node success -
> failed on namespace".

I think there was the similar problem in my setup before. There were
several files, accessing which had crashed glusterfs. But it was only
for the client running on the same node with NS, other clients worked
fine. So I just deleted the files from working client. Unfortunately,
I didn't catch the prime cause. This hasn't repeated since then.
The full thread is here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2008-06/msg00034.html
.