[Gluster-devel] Suggested changes to install and run section of wiki

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 21:51:04 UTC 2008

http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Install_and_run_GlusterFS_v1.3_in_10mins

I was reading through this, and I know this is totally an opinion
thing, so I am only offering this as my opinion.

I believe it would be nicer and cleaner for this page to either not
include a spec file example, and focus on downloading and installing
glusters, or maybe include a very basic server and client spec file at
the very end as a "you are now working". This would keep it down to a
heres how to download and install, and then link to the spec file
examples for, well examples.

Also, a question and suggestion both, but can this page also provide
instructions both for downloading from the ftp site AND svn? Which is
the preferred or suggested way of getting glusterfs? Is it better to
use the latest from svn or the version that is on the ftp site? Are
these the same?

I would offer to help out with examples if i was more comfortable and
actually knew what i was doing. as it stands i created a wiki account
but i am too dumb at this piont to figure out how to start a new page
or whatever (never actually used a wiki for other than reading it).

ok thank you!