[Gluster-devel] Setting up a new AFR, but using one preexisting directory

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 21:04:18 UTC 2008

I cant find the mail, I noticed it a few days ago, someone mentioned
something about setting the file attributes to 3? Does that make
sense?

Anyway, it sounded like what may have been giving me some grief last
time I set up a 2 server afr config. On one server I had my web data,
and on the other i had a new blank folder. I thought by setting up
gluster (using the existing dir on one, and a new empty dir on the
other) that by doing the find () trick it would sync all the files,
but is this maybe not true?

I bring this up for 2 reasons, one to have it answered, and two
because maybe this shoud be on the wiki somewhere.

When setting up a new afr, should you start with 2 empty directories
and then copy your files to the glusterfs mount, or should you do an
rsync and then do the set attributes to 3 thing (could someone give a
little more detail or correct my language on this?).

Hopefully I am making some sense with my question, Im not totally
clear on it myself.

thanks!