[Gluster-devel] Replication resync after disconnection

gordan at bobich.net gordan at bobich.net
Wed Apr 23 10:05:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have two nodes in AFR mode. If node2 down and I add files to node1, when
the node2 comes up, it cannot see the files. ls doesn't show them.

However, after I cat/head the files on node1, they appear on node2.

Is there a way to make this work? I can live with head-ing every file when
a node comes up to force a resync, but this gets a lot more difficult if
it has to be done from the other side.

I initially thought this was a problem caused by lack of xattr support on
reiser4 (node2 was on reiser4), but I've since converted it to ext3, and
I'm still seeing the same behaviour.

Gordan