[Gluster-devel] Splitbrain Resolution

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Fri Apr 18 22:04:27 UTC 2008

> Yes, but if you consider that in a typical setup you have an order of
> magnitude more client nodes than server nodes, that starts to add up
> pretty quickly.

Not exactly the right math.. because the traffic increases on a single
client only if you introduce a new storage node (so it has to copy the file
to additional server). There is no traffic increase on other clients if you
add more clients (just the storage nodes get pounded)

Too bad that the "option replicate" was taken out from AFR translator (but
probably there are some workarounds with Switch Scheduler)  - that way you
could keep the traffic at the same level even in case of a lot of storage
nodes because you could specify to make only limited number of copies (like
2 or 3) and not push the file to all nodes.

Still as to HA we have to wait to 1.4 :)

rr