[Gluster-devel] glusterFS on rocks4.3?

Ricardo Garcia Mayoral ricardo at torroja.dmt.upm.es
Thu Apr 17 14:28:56 UTC 2008

Hello,

We have recently acquired a cluster with 64 quad nodes,and have
installed rocks4.3 with the default CentOS 4.5 (kernel
2.6.9-55.0.2.ELsmp). We are now trying to set up the node hard disks as
a common, redundant storage device. The default way to share tha hard
disks in rocks is pvfs2, but it's quite difficult to implement failsafe
redundancy on top of it. At the rocks mailing list, we were suggested to
try with glusterFS, and that seems to provide exactly what we are
looking for.

The problem is that we have not been able to install it, mainly for
dependency issues. Has anybody some experience or suggestions on how to
install glusterFS over CentOS 4.5)?

Thanks

--
Ricardo Garcia Mayoral