[Gluster-devel] AFR self-healing, a better command line?

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 04:49:43 UTC 2008

Hello,

So I have seen this suggested as the way to trigger self-heal

find /mnt/webcluster2 -depth -type f -exec head -n 1 {} \; >/dev/null

I am using fedora 8. according to the man pages -n 1 will tell head to
print the first line of every file.

There is also the -c flag

find /mnt/webcluster2 -depth -type f -exec head -c 1 {} \; >/dev/null

Which the man page says will print the first 1 byte(s) of every file.

Would the -c 1 be better/more efficient than -n 1. If my understanding
is correct, it would only have to read the first byte instead of the
first line.

?

Brandon