[Gluster-devel] YaAQ

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 05:42:19 UTC 2008

Yet another AFR Question.. ha ha. Im a snowflake...

Ok so I was just reading the glusterfs.org wiki and there are quite a
few new documentations / howtos / examples than previously (very big
thank you to whoever has contributed to that).

It brought up a question, do I need to use unify with AFR? I was
reading the "Simple High Availability Storage with GlusterFS 1.3" page
and I trying to wrap my head around what the bottom example was doing.

Oh as I was typing I may have just had an idea, is the unify stuff a
way to have 3+ servers but only 2 copies of something? So by default
afr would get the number of copies from the number of afr bricks, but
by setting it up in the 3 afr bricks and then unified there would only
be 3 copies?

I have a two "server" setup (so two machiens with big raids that i
want to mirror). So I dont need to use unify do I? Can I just throw
some performance translator stuff above where i define the afr brick
and call it good?