[Gluster-devel] Can't mount glusterfs volume is one of an AFR set is down.

Rodney McDuff mcduff at its.uq.edu.au
Wed Apr 9 00:45:05 UTC 2008

I have a unified set of 3 AFR bricks each containing 3 storage bricks. I
also a namespace brick (for the unify) which is also a AFR set composed
of 3 bricks (see vol config attached). The bricks are Mac OSX 10.5.2
boxes running "glusterfs 1.3.8pre5 Repository revision:
glusterfs--mainline--2.5--patch-734" built using the Mac OSX recipe on
the wiki.

When all bricks of up I can mount the glusterfs volume just fine. I can
copy large numbers of files and directories onto the mountpoint no problems,

When one of the bricks is down (host is still up but glusterfsd *not*
running) I can't mount the volume. I see a fuse log error in
/var/log/system.log:

Apr  9 10:03:34 ilc-template kernel[0]: MacFUSE: force ejecting (no
response from user space 5)

Also attached is a log of glusterfs logging at DEBUG.

--
Dr. Rodney G. McDuff                 |Ex ignorantia ad sapientiam
Manager, Strategic Technologies Group|    Ex luce ad tenebras