[Gluster-devel] regex in switch scheduler

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Sat Apr 5 16:07:00 UTC 2008

It should work for complete path. So, you can give options like below and
get the desired effect. it internally uses 'fnmatch' call, and it supports
whatever that call supports. 'man fnmatch' should help you to find more.

Regards,
Amar

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 11:57 PM, Dr Rodney G. McDuff <mcduff at its.uq.edu.au>
wrote:

> Does the regex using in the switch scheduler only apply to the filename
> of the file or it whole path. For instance suppose I wanted to unify a
> bunch of remote bricks in some AFR seta and a stripe set. like:
>
> volume unify
>  type cluster/unify
>  option scheduler switch
>  option switch.case */fast/*:stripe;*:afr0,afr1
>  option namespace remote-ns
>  subvolumes afr0 afr1
> end-volume
>
> so that working in or below the directory /mnt/glusterfs/.../fast would
> provide high io rate scratch area and working anywhere else will provide
> high availability.
>
> --
> Dr. Rodney G. McDuff                 |Ex ignorantia ad sapientiam
> Manager, Strategic Technologies Group|    Ex luce ad tenebras
> Information Technology Services      |
> The University of Queensland         |
> EMAIL: mcduff at its.uq.edu.au          |
> TELEPHONE: +61 7 3365 8220           |