[Gluster-devel] HA failover test unsuccessful (inaccessible mountpoint)

Daniel Maher dma+gluster at witbe.net
Thu Apr 3 09:41:35 UTC 2008

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 14:55:48 +0530 "Anand Avati" <avati at zresearch.com>
wrote:

> Daniel,
>  maybe it is just taking long to detect connection failure. Can you
> try with 'option transport-timeout 20' (sets response timeout to 20
> seconds) in all your protocol/client and see if you still face the
> 'hang' ?

I'll give that a go straight away.  Is 20 seconds "too long" - i mean,
in a production environment (i.e. serving web content) if a storage node
is down, i don't want my I/O to hang for 20 seconds before Gluster
tries another node.  Can this be set lower ?  What would be the
potential drawbacks (if any) ?

--
Daniel Maher <dma AT witbe.net>