[Gluster-devel] [client-protocol.c:4605:client_checksum_cbk] no proper reply from server

Rodney McDuff mcduff at its.uq.edu.au
Wed Apr 2 03:25:37 UTC 2008

Hi All
   I have 4 sets of 3 deep AFRs unified together with one of the 4 AFRs
as a namespace. (See server and client config attached). The servers and
client are glusterfs-1.3.8pre4 running on Mac OSX 10.5.2.

The client volume mounts ok and I can read and write files to it.
Looking at the server volumes I see files appear in the namespace brick
and storage bricks as expected for the ALU scheduler.

However when I do any fops that fetches fstats (is 'ls -al') I see the
following errors (only from the first brick of each AFR). I don't see
them from subsequent 'ls -al' so I suppose glusterfs is caching these
fstats. When I just do a plain 'ls' (pre-cached) I see no such error.

Apr  2 12:09:26 glusterfs[59032]: E
[client-protocol.c:4605:client_checksum_cbk] ilc1-lectern: no proper
reply from server, returning EINVAL
Apr  2 12:09:26 glusterfs[59032]: E
[client-protocol.c:4605:client_checksum_cbk] ilc1-001: no proper reply
from server, returning EINVAL
Apr  2 12:09:26 glusterfs[59032]: E
[client-protocol.c:4605:client_checksum_cbk] ilc1-003: no proper reply
from server, returning EINVAL
Apr  2 12:09:26 glusterfs[59032]: E
[client-protocol.c:4605:client_checksum_cbk] ilc1-002: no proper reply
from server, returning EINVAL

Also when I try to extract a large tar file (lots of files) in the
gluster filesystem it hangs for a while after just writing a few files.
It needs a remount top become operational again.

--
Dr. Rodney G. McDuff                 |Ex ignorantia ad sapientiam
Manager, Strategic Technologies Group|    Ex luce ad tenebras