[Gluster-devel] cluster/stripe

Alexey Filin alexey.filin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 18:46:33 UTC 2007

Hi Amar,

On 9/26/07, Amar S. Tumballi <amar at zresearch.com> wrote:

> Hi Alexey,
>  These trace log helped a lot.. I got the problem. Will be fixing the bug
> soon.
>
>  The issue is that, in older kernels fuse module sends 'creat()' call as
> 'mknod();open()' one after another. And sadly I had not implemented striping
> option in mknod() fop. hence, the file is created in only one node.  With
> people using newer kernel version, this problem is not there.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Amar

yes, I looked at it myself, mknod() sets callback

  stripe_common_inode_cbk()

which calls always

  dict_set (inode->ctx, this->name, data_from_int8 (1)); // not stripped

looking forward to the bugfix :)

regards,

PS Debug prints work in callbacks. It was too late and I made a mistake in
sources during debugging