[Gluster-devel] About gluster on 32 bits

Bala.A balamurugan at gmx.co.uk
Thu Sep 20 07:15:46 UTC 2007

Hi,

> I am looking for gluster on 32 bits architecture, but on the downloads
> links
> at http://ftp.zresearch.com/pub/gluster/release/current/ there is only
> x86_64 versions.  Where can I find 32 bits  versions of gluster? Is it
> enough with the iso image, or do I have to work with the toolchain files?

We haven't prepared 32 bit version ISO of GlusterHPC yet and the source is
very much compatible with 32bit as well as x86-64 bit architecture.
Toolchain is only required to compile GlusterHPC to get ISO file and
relevant toolchain should be used for compilation.

For i386 architecture, here are the steps to be followed to compile
GlusterHPC.

$ wget
http://ftp.zresearch.com/pub/gluster/release/old/toolchain/gluster-toolchain-v2-on32.tar.bz2

$ tar -C /usr/local -xjf gluster-toolchain-v2-on32.tar.bz2

$ export $PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/gluster-toolchain-on32-32-64/bin

$ mkdir tarballs

$ wget -Ptarballs -nH http://ftp.zresearch.com/pub/gluster/external/*

$ wget
http://ftp.zresearch.com/pub/gluster/release/current/gluster--mainline--1.1.tar.gz

$ export TARBALLSDIR=$(pwd)/tarballs

$ cd gluster--mainline--1.1

$ ./autogen.sh

$ ./configure --with-tarballs-dir=$TARBALLSDIR

$ make

$ ls -l gluster-1.3-i386.iso

Thanks,

Regards,