[Gluster-devel] NFS or not?

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 08:30:51 UTC 2007

I am just now getting back to being able to spend some time looking
into glusterfs, and I have been half paying-attention to the mailing
list.

My question comes down to with 2 servers and 10 or so client machines,
should i re-export via NFS the glusterfs mounts on the 2 servers to
the 10 clients (mounting the glusterfs mount over NFS) or should all
my clients mount the glusterfs mount using the glusterfs client?

Are there any issues with exporting a glusterfs mount over NFS?
Basically I was planning on setting up two servers each with 1T disk
raid with AFR to use as a maildir store for my mail cluster and
wondering how i should mount this on my client machines.

Thanks!