[Gluster-devel] HA, GlusterFS server protocol and LDirectorD

Majied Najjar majied.najjar at nationalnet.com
Tue Sep 11 16:58:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

This is just my two cents. :-)

Instead of LDirectorD, I would recommend just using Heartbeat.

With Heartbeat, the only thing required would be a "failover IP" handled
between the two Heartbeat servers running the glusterfsd process using
AFR.  When a glusterfsd server running Heartbeat goes down, the other
Heartbeat server would take over the failover IP and continue service to
the glusterfs clients.

Granted, this isn't loadbalancing between glusterfsd servers and only
handles failover....

Majied Najjar