[Gluster-devel] Confusing the clients with echo, mv and cat

David Rotermund gfs at neuro.uni-bremen.de
Sat Sep 8 19:32:21 UTC 2007

Hi Avati,

 > Please try upgrading to the lastest FUSE (including kernel module) at -
 > http://ftp.zresearch.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/fuse/
 > (the latest is glfs3 patched). The newer fuse gets less surprised
 > detecting changed inode numbers.

Thank you!

This error is gone but was replaced by another ugly problem. If we try
to write with fwrite a block of data which is larger than 2 MByte then
we only get a empty file as result (fwrite also reports that 0 Bytes
have been written). Smaller block-sizes like e.g. (1024*1024*2)-1 are
working. This is very confusing.

Is this a known problem?

 >> Client A:
 >> echo "malediction" > x
 > try saying something nicer, maybe it just got offended :-)

We need to test glusterfs under extreme conditions! :-)

best regards
David