[Gluster-devel] error message=> glusterfs: could not open specfile

Paul Jochum jochum at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Sep 7 13:20:06 UTC 2007

Hi Jacques:

    Thank you, but I don't think that using the -f and -s on the same
line are correct.  I receive the error message when I try this:
/usr/local/sbin/glusterfs -f /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol -s
192.168.1.225 /mnt/point
glusterfs: -f | --spec-file option cannot be combined with -s | --server
option

But, it did help me to find the problem.  I thought that the spec file
that the client was trying to find, would be the server's spec file
(which seems like an obvious error now).  So, to help future readers:
1) use the -s option on the client's glusterfs command if you client
volume's spec file is located on the server
2) use the -f option on the client's glusterfs command if you client
volume's spec file is located on the client itself.

Thanks again to Anand  and Jacques for looking at this.

Paul Jochum