[Gluster-devel] error message=> glusterfs: could not open specfile

Paul Jochum jochum at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Sep 7 12:32:25 UTC 2007

Hi Avand:

Thank you for looking at this.

*Spec file for Server:*
volume brick
  type storage/posix                   # POSIX FS translator
  option directory /home/export        # Export this directory
end-volume
volume server
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type tcp/server     # For TCP/IP transport
  subvolumes brick
  option auth.ip.brick.allow * # Allow access to "brick" volume
end-volume

*Spec file for Client:
*volume client
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
  option remote-host 192.168.1.225     # IP address of the remote brick*
 * option remote-subvolume brick        # name of the remote volume
end-volume
*
Commands used to start glusterfs on the Server:
*/usr/local/sbin/glusterfsd*
*
*Command used to start glusterfs on the Client:*
/usr/local/sbin/glusterfs -s 192.168.1.225 /mnt/point

(I tried to follow the "Getting Started with GlusterFS" document from
the wiki as close as possible)

thanks,

Paul Jochum