Fwd: [Gluster-devel] proposals to afr

Alexey Filin alexey.filin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 17:34:08 UTC 2007

On 10/25/07, Krishna Srinivas <krishna at zresearch.com> wrote:

> So during open(), if version is same if the trusted_afr_open is set
> and file is not open, then it needs repair. As of now I dont see any
> problem with this algorithm but need to assess how complicated
> it is to implement it. Because the more we do state maintenance,
> the more the race conditions we will have to handle (that is a very
> general statement though)

I propose to use the algo with implemented one checking file mtime and size.
The new algo helps to detect inconsistency when sizes are equal and mtimes
differ slightly but contents differs (can happen when application didn't
change size, instead it changed some bytes before crash), the old one helps
to detect inconsistency when admin placed on childs different files with the
same full name (the flag is not set).

Will keep you guys informed regarding this.

thanx, Alexey.

Thanks