Fwd: [Gluster-devel] proposals to afr

Krishna Srinivas krishna at zresearch.com
Thu Oct 25 18:06:49 UTC 2007

> > My thought above was a simple flag as to whether or not the file was
> > bing written just to denote whether it should be considered in a
> > consistent state if a crash happens.

This will not work because, setting the flag before write() and resetting
after write() will be expensive interms of cpu cycles (debatable)

Also suppose we have set the flag before write(), another client sees
that this flag is set on open() and takes wrong action (returning EIO) it is not
correct behavior.