Fwd: [Gluster-devel] proposals to afr

Alexey Filin alexey.filin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 17:45:07 UTC 2007

yes, but we can't discuss replicas consistency after afr crash if we skip
points which make reasoning wrong. Crash can occur in glfs context only or
as a result of powercut, in bouth cases glfs is to restore replicas
consistency right.

Propose to close the thread, as Krishna said about glfs repairing. The
solution with your flag is the best as difference in size and mtime is not
exhaustive info about unfinished replica updating in some cases after afr
crash. To clean up after powercuts isn't his responsibility but it's a pity
he doesn't believe your solution to be better (probably there are more
important things).

Regards, Alexey.