[Gluster-devel] HA failover question.

Kevan Benson kbenson at a-1networks.com
Wed Oct 17 17:08:32 UTC 2007

Chris Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Kevan Benson wrote:
>
>      If I'm reading this right then, I CAN have two servers with two
> SHARED file systems and multiple AFR'ed client setups accessing them?
> This would seem to require serious locking and sever to sever
> communications to pull off.

You can specify the lock server for an AFR, but it defaults to the first
specified subvolume I believe.  Each client requests a lock from that
server.  I can see some situations where there might be lock guarantee
problems (server invisible to some but not all clients), but it I don't
know the details of how it works.

--

-Kevan Benson
-A-1 Networks