[Gluster-devel] Daemon dying, I killed it! <sob>

Jim Richardson jrichardson at cardomain.com
Fri Oct 12 18:22:33 UTC 2007

Backtrace on pastebin:

http://glusterfs.pastebin.com/d56a5adb0

I have a 3 node setup, each node is both client and server. I had run
glusterfs with -L DEBUG, and was running bonnie on one of the nodes,
while each node was writing and reading files through a perl script.

While running this set, one or another of the daemons on the nodes *not*
running bonnie would die, pretty reliably if I gave it a few minutes.

I repeated this several times.

I then ran glusterfs with -L WARNING and could not reliably duplicate
it, although I did have one daemon die once, but I was doing a couple
other things on that box at the time and haven't been able to duplicate
it.

This is all with 1.3.5 of glusterfs, and the patched 2.7.0 fuse stuff,
on Centos5 w/linux 2.6.18-8.1.10 running on PIV SMP (HT) boxes. More
details available if needed.

--
Jim Richardson | CarDomain Network
Sr. System Administrator