[Gluster-devel] Scaled down a bit.

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 29 14:10:32 UTC 2007

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Anand Babu Periasamy wrote:

      MRI imaging.  The real programs suck in between 5 and 8 MB worth
of image, crunch them for what seems forever, and then write the
resulting image.  They do this for about 100 slices per scan.  We have a
300 node cluster that runs these things.  This means the local private
gigbit net they're on and the servers are periodically swamped to say
the least.  Not a lot of client rereading going on and I discovered
the caching on the server didn't really help yesterday.  I tried
readahead and that was statistically zero help, pages wre 2 and page
size was 128KB.  I tried a 512KB page size and for some reason made
matters worse apparently.

      Based on whats below I think io-threads might help in the
multi-node case.

      Any help appreciated.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |"Survival is insufficient"
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |             Seven of nine.