[Gluster-devel] Scaled down a bit.

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 28 18:30:49 UTC 2007

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Kevan Benson wrote:

      Ok, better.  Does work on the client side though.  Doesn't seem
to be to great on the server side for some reason.

      I just tried my simple test with readahead on the cl;ient side.
No difference.  Here's what I used.

volume readahead
   type performance/read-ahead
   option page-size 128kb ### in bytes
   option page-count 2 ### memory cache size is page-count x page-size per file
   subvolumes client
end-volume
~
Maybe the page size or count needs to be bigger?

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |What the country needs is dirtier fingernails and
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |cleaner minds.  Will Rogers