[Gluster-devel] Documentation issue?

Morus Walter morus.walter.ml at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 27 07:32:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

we are currently considering glusterfs for a simple nfs like export of a
directory from some server to another server (besides other usages).

I'm a bit confused about the comment in the configuration in the 'Install
and run GlusterFS v1.3 in 10mins'-Wiki-Page
(
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Install_and_run_GlusterFS_v1.3_in_10mins#Server_machine:_.5B192.168.0.1.5D
)

It says:
option directory /tmp/export # Note: Once exported, DO NOT WRITE DIRECTLY TO
THIS DIRECTORY

Is the note serious?

The user guide
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_User_Guide_v1.3#Configuring_GlusterFS_as_Network_Filesystem
suggests that glusterfs can be used for exporting some directory.
But in this case I'd like to use the directory on the server directly as well.

The comment was added in the last edit of quickstart guide (october 3.).

Could someone please clarify this?

regards
  Morus