[Gluster-devel] mysql on glusterfs

Jeff Humes jeff at bofus.org
Sat Nov 24 03:59:01 UTC 2007

Hello.  I would like to ask about having mysql data hosted on
glusterfs.  Please see my issue below.  I have posted DEBUG log
information on pastebin.

Thanks in advance!
-JPH

*
SERVER Version:*
glusterfsd --version
glusterfs 1.3.7 built on Nov  3 2007

*CLIENT Version:*
glusterfs --version
glusterfs 1.3.7 built on Nov  3 2007

*ISSUE:*
When hosting mysql data on glusterfs I have an issue:
The first time I start the glusterfsd server, and mount the glusterfs
client (/var/lib/mysql) mountpoint, I can start the mysql server just fine.
Upon subsequent stop and restart of mysql it says in the mysql logs that
it cannot lock the ibdata1 file:
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 107
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 107
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 107
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 107
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 107
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 107
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 107
InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 107

This does not happen on local disk.

http://gluster.pastebin.com/m2357e117