[Gluster-devel] how do I known afr working ?

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Thu Nov 22 19:33:42 UTC 2007

Hi all

I've just make a afr volume for the namespace of my glusterfs.

How do I known the afr workin ?

I've ask this because I've use one partition on every node of my cluster
for namespace.

On each client I make

volume ns
  type cluster/afr
  subvolumes node-ns-1....node-ns-18
end-volume

(I think it's enougth raid ;-) )

and

volume unify
  type cluster/unify
    subvolumes node-1....node-18
    option scheduler rr
    option namespace ns
end-volume

Well it's working....I've just put one file on my unify-glusterfs. It seem
(maybe with scheduler rr) the file is on (physicaly) the node-2. And on
node-2 (physicaly) I can see on partition use by the namespace a file with
the same name. But.....on other node I can see anything on the partition
use bye afr/namespace.

It's that normal ?

Regards.

NB: Sorry for my english....