[Gluster-devel] posix-locks: incorrect errno

Székelyi Szabolcs cc at avaxio.hu
Tue Nov 20 18:33:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

This error may be just cosmetic, but with posix-locks loaded on the
server side, I get ENOTCONN instead of EAGAIN when trying to establish a
conflicting lock.

According to the trace translator, posix-locks works fine on the server
side, it sets errno to EAGAIN. However, on the client side something
transforms it into ENOTCONN. Here's how I tried it:

<server>
storage/posix
debug/trace <--- errno is correct (EAGAIN)
transport/server (tcp/server)
<network>
transport/client
debug/trace <--- errno is ENOTCONN
<client>

Are you aware of this? Is this error significant? (I guess it is, since
EAGAIN is a temporary error instructing the caller to retry the
operation, while ENOTCONN looks like a fatal one.)

Thanks,
--
cc