[Gluster-devel] about Qluster FS configuration

Felix Chu felixchu at powerallnetworks.com
Fri Nov 16 09:08:02 UTC 2007

Hi Krishna,

Thanks your quick reply.

About self heal, is that mean before the event open() triggered, the whole
replication cluster will have one less replica than normal state? If our
goal is to make the replication status back to normal(same #of replicas as
normal), we need to trigger open() for all files store in the cluster file
system, right? If so, the easiest way is to "touch *" in the clustered mount
point, right?

By the way, we will setup a testing environment to create a GlusterFS across
20 data centres, each data centre has point to point fiber in between. The
longest distance between two data centres is about 1000km. Do you think
GlusterFS can be applied in this kind of environment? Any minimum network
quality between storage servers and clients?

Regards,
Felix