[Gluster-devel] Full bore.

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Thu Nov 15 18:36:54 UTC 2007

>       Performance is still way below NFS.  I have turned on
> write-behind and read-ahead.  And with fuse it's a little faster. but
> not significantly.

What is your IO pattern? what are the tests you are running? what is your
interconnect? NFS can provide really good re-read performance which you can
get out of glusterfs using io-cache on the client side.

      Can we have a discussion on whether I'm heading in the right
> direction and what order things go in for the config files?

Can you paste your config files on pastebin and link it and also tell us the
kind of application/IOtests you are running?

thanks,
avati

--
It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account
Hofstadter's Law.

-- Hofstadter's Law