[Gluster-devel] glusterfs as root filesystem

Matthias Albert gluster at linux4experts.de
Wed Nov 14 09:06:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

has anyone tried using glusterfs as  root fs?

We are using openqrm as deployment/management system for our servers
here. With openqrm we can deploy both native machines and e.g. xen
images. As root Filesystem we are currently using NFS which isn't really
fast.

Because we're using glusterfs for our backups and also for our Samba/NFS
Server it is close to use it also as root filesystem for our xen images.

I think the only thing we need is fuse in a initrd and the glusterfs
binary with the needed shared object files.

Any helpful suggestions?

Regards,

  Matthias