[Gluster-devel] glusterfs and email store problem.

Daniel van Ham Colchete daniel.colchete at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 18:24:53 UTC 2007

Jeff,

reading the dovecot website, I saw this: Dovecot allows mailboxes and their
indexes to be modified by multiple computers at the same time, while still
performing well. This means that Dovecot works with NFS and clustered
filesystems.

The only way of doing this is using locks (flock or fnctl). Try activating
posix-locks.

I had a similar problem with maildrop recently. Because fnctl wasn't working
it wouldn't change one file and report a filesystem error.

Although, this doesn't explain the error message in the log, this is one
problem you also have to solve.

Best,
Daniel