[Gluster-devel] exporting glusterfs with samba

Miklos Balazs mbalazs at gmail.com
Wed May 16 13:50:58 UTC 2007

Hello,

One more thing that I forgot to mention is that I was using version
1.3.0-pre3, and now upgraded to pre4 but it didn't get any better.

And I have tryed to export another directory with samba, which is not
under the gluster tree, and I can write there with 25-30MB/s. Also I
can write with this speed to the gluster share from the samba node
directly.

The network hierarchy is like this:

On node5
eth0 - 192.168.0.40
eth1 - 192.168.2.15

On node6
eth0 - 192.168.0.41
eth1 - 192.168.2.16

The 0.x and 2.x subnets are on physically separate networks, samba
clients connect on 0.x and gluster communication is on 2.x.

Here are my config files:
(I have tryed using the io-threads translator, but it didn't made any
difference either)

node5.vol:

volume brick-5-a
  type storage/posix                    # POSIX FS translator
  option directory /mnt/brick-5-a        # Export this directory
end-volume

volume brick-6-b
  type storage/posix                    # POSIX FS translator
  option directory /mnt/brick-6-b        # Export this directory
end-volume

volume server
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type tcp/server     # For TCP/IP transport
  subvolumes brick-5-a brick-6-b
  option auth.ip.brick-5-a.allow 192.168.* # Allow access to "brick" volume
  option auth.ip.brick-6-b.allow 192.168.* # Allow access to "brick" volume
end-volume

--------------------------
node6.vol:

volume brick-6-a
  type storage/posix                    # POSIX FS translator
  option directory /mnt/brick-6-a        # Export this directory
end-volume

volume brick-5-b
  type storage/posix                    # POSIX FS translator
  option directory /mnt/brick-5-b        # Export this directory
end-volume

volume server
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type tcp/server     # For TCP/IP transport
  subvolumes brick-6-a brick-5-b
  option auth.ip.brick-6-a.allow 192.168.* # Allow access to "brick" volume
  option auth.ip.brick-5-b.allow 192.168.* # Allow access to "brick" volume
end-volume

----------------------
client.vol:

### file: client-volume.spec.sample

### Add client feature and attach to remote subvolume

volume brick-5-a
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
  option remote-host 192.168.2.15      # IP address of the remote brick
  option remote-subvolume brick-5-a    # name of the remote volume
end-volume

volume brick-5-b
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
  option remote-host 192.168.2.16      # IP address of the remote brick
  option remote-subvolume brick-5-b        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

volume brick-6-a
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
  option remote-host 192.168.2.16      # IP address of the remote brick
  option remote-subvolume brick-6-a        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

volume brick-6-b
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
  option remote-host 192.168.2.15      # IP address of the remote brick
  option remote-subvolume brick-6-b        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

volume afr-5
  type cluster/afr
  subvolumes brick-5-a brick-5-b